Thursday, April 4, 2013

We're all Falling









(Images from Pinterest)


My favourite time of year would have to be autumn and Winter, I remember when i was a kid and at dusk the cold chill would remind my brother and i to go and get the wood for the fire. We would sit by the fire and just talk, thinking back now it was the best time in my life, when things were simpler and sweeter. I hope to one day live like that again.

Here's A poem from one of my favourite German poets; Rainer Maria Rilke.

Autumn

The leaves are falling, falling as if from far up
as if orchards were dying high in space.
Each leaf falls as if it were motioning "no."

And tonight the heavy earth is falling
away from all other stars in the loneliness

We're all falling. This hand here is falling.
And look at the other one. It's in them all.

And yet there is someone, whose hands
indefinitely calm, holding up all this falling.

At the moment I'm listening to Soul outside by Antonio Pinto (Its the score from 'The Host' movie, the music is so beautiful, its definitely well worth a listen) in my bed socks and drinking tea.

-Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment