Amongst my family and friends i am known for being quite the baker, my fortay is Caramel Slice and i Thought i would share my recipe. I am allergic to Gluten so this recipe is tailored for a gluten free diet but you can easily use ordinary flour instead of Gluten free flour.
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, melted
- 25g butter, extra
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbls of golden syrup
- 200g milk cooking chocolate, melted
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm lamington pan and line with baking paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and coconut. Add melted butter, mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
3. Place extra butter, Sweetened Condensed Milk and syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Pour over base. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool.
4. Pour milk cooking chocolate evenly over slice. Place in fridge until slice is set.
Enjoy your yummy caramel slice!